Who is the NASCAR Retard's Favorite Driver?

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Posto Uno - Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Week 03

Alright, I kinda stumbled into this, but hey, let's roll with it. I hope somebody will get a kick out of this blog; it might even be me.

Notes of interest regarding my NASCARdom:
*Hometown = Owensboro, Kentucky
*Hometown/Favorite Driver = Mikey Waltrip, anyone named Waltrip, Green or Mayfield
*Fan since 1979
*Attended 5 Cup events at Richmond International Raceway (no other races attended)
*NASCAR Fantasy contender

I shall now proceed with my first ever blog post; Posto Uno. We'll start it off simple, with a brief rant on batch engine parts.

What in the world is up with these parts suppliers, so far, this season? Holy guacamole! Lifters to the left, lifters to the right, lifters dropping valves like hot... uh... pistons. Yea, pistons. Gees! Hendrick, Gibbs, Earnhardt-Gannassi, my beloved Michael Waltrip Racing, and (God help us) Roush-Fenway. They've all had their batches of bad engine parts and subsequent blown engines. I can't remember such a mess in the first three weeks of a season. Who's gonna get hit this week? Yates and Penske are the only two big-team survivors. Somehow, every motor survived the Daytona 500.

So here's the breakdown, to the best I could quickly gather, of teams who either lost engines in the race or at some point during qualifying/practice (no instances durnig Daytona).

MWR (Toyota) - 4
Red Bull Racing (Toyota) - 4
Hendrick (Chevy) - 3 (poor Mark Martin had 2)
Roush-Fenway (Ford) - 3
JGR (Toyota) - 1
RCR (Chevy) - 1
Earnhardt-Gannassi (Chevy) - 1
Germain (Toyota) - 1

Just an observation. It will get better, but it seemed like the big teams got bitten by the batch bug.

2 comments:

  1. You're awesome...and not just because you leave me super flattering comments, but because you're all man Nascar talk over here and then totally watching the Bachelor finale and commenting on the results on my page. That's hilarious.

    And I agree with EVERY point. Next time I'll just email you and have you do the finale post for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t know If I said it already but …I’m so glad I found this site…Keep up the good work I read a lot of blogs on Cheap Kamagra a daily basis and for the most part, people lack substance but, I just wanted to make a quick comment to say great blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment. Gain a friend. Maybe.

Where does the NASCAR Retard Get His Daily NASCAR News Fix?