Who is the NASCAR Retard's Favorite Driver?

Thursday, April 9, 2009

No Racin' on Easter!!

Well, I suppose I can sacrifice a weekend of NASCAR for my Savior... if I have to... i guess. So, another week, or so, before the Subway Fresh Fit 500, at Phoenix International Raceway (PIR). Lord, I remember when PIR had that scary exit out of turn 2, before they moved the wall out in 2003. I always expected a bad-bad wreck there, but fortunately it never happened. Alan Kulicki won the inaugural race in 1988. Dale Earnhardt won PIR in 1990. Davey Allison won it back-to-back in 1991-92. Bobby Hamilton took the checkers in 1996. God bless'em... there all gone now.

The track picked up its second race date in 2005, and the brothers Busch swept that year's honors (Kurt in the Spring and Kyle in the Fall). Three drivers have two consecutive race wins at PIR: Jeff Burton (2000-01), Dale Eanhardt, Jr. (2003-04), Kevin Harvick (both 2006). Jimmie Johnson has scored wins in the last 3 races at PIR.

Wikipedia has a nice page of info on PIR. Check it out at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_International_Raceway

We do have the Pepsi 300, at Nashville Superspeedway, on Saturday. I'll be watching that.
Special Paint Schemes for the 2009 Subway Fresh Fit 500 (will update as race nears)

A.J. Allmendinger - ?Probably Something?

Carl Edwards - No. 99 Subway Ford
Denny Hamlin - No. 11 FedEx March of Dimes Toyota

Reed Sorenson - No. 43 Auto Value Parts Stores Dodge
Happy 29th birthday (ver. 18.0) to my beautiful wife, Cathy. I love you, sweetie!

1 comment:

Leave a comment. Gain a friend. Maybe.

Where does the NASCAR Retard Get His Daily NASCAR News Fix?